I wanted to list the different types of data analysis terms used with different data types sources.
- Biostatistics for medical data
- Data Science for data from web analytics
- Machine learning for data in computer science/computer vision
- Natural language processing for data from texts
- Signal processing for data from electrical signals
- Business analytics for data on customers
- Econometrics for economic data
- Statistical process control for data about industrial processes
This list was adapted from the Coursera.org course, “The Data Scientist’s Toolbox”, by Jeff Leek, Phd, Brian Caffo, Phd, Rodger D. Peng, Phd. I am listing here for a reminder with my future research.